Monday, March 29, 2010

boring

"Books arent boring, we are."
It is an interesting quote and I think it is a very valid point. However, if you know what type of books interest you more than others I think you should read those. The further truth to that statement is that people who think there is only one way to do things are boring. books and people need chemistry. Reading is a lot like dating. You need the book to inspire feeling and emotion in you, yeah you could find some level of that with most people, but why would you want to look for it if something doesnt satisfy you or capture you off that bat? and by off the bat in a long novel i mean within the first like two hundred pages. There are just certain authors or plot lines which certain people have better chemistry with. The more you read the more you enjoy books its like an addiction but you have got to start somewhere, and i think that should be somewhere where you are comfortable and somewhere you enjoy. Your not going to learn to enjoy something by repeatedly forcing yourself into it. If i had to read books like the BK all the time i would hate reading. It wouldnt be any form of an enjoyable outlet for me. I know its a great book and it has some really interesting messages but I prefer a book which has one main point instead of many, and one that inspires me to see things the way i would through my eyes than the way i would through my mind. if that makes any sense? I also think sometimes reading books like BK bugs me because the characters and the situations can sometimes get in the way of what the author is trying to say....they dont inspire as much feeling within me personallly. I need to expand on this but im crunched for time so it will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment